Friday 7 October 2011

12 Jun 11: Karakol mountain horse trek, Kyrgyzstan

Today is exactly 2 months since I left home. This trip has been like going to school for a second time. A school of patience and tolerance where “fools rush where angels fear to tread”. A school to free myself of all these comfortable assumptions that I live with everyday; all these ready-made clichés and opinions that may not be tested in the real situation; all these little comforts and pleasures that are taken for granted and are not appreciated to their real value. A school where I am now ready for free myself from all these unnecessary “needs” and “desires”. When I get back it will be time to clear the list.

Beauty expressed in green silent pastures, rounded landscape, ponds and rivers, flying birds and horses grazing in a timeless serenity. We left the yurt after lunch because of the rain. The sun came out for a splendid afternoon.
We were expecting cold river swim but are gratified by hot springs bath. We had it yesterday and today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home